FULLERTON, Calif. – Cal State Fullerton women's soccer wraps up the 2018 season with Senior Night on Thursday against UC Irvine and a trip to Hawai'i on Sunday. The final home game of the season, Thursday's match against the Anteaters, is set for 7 p.m. PT. The season finale for the Titans against Hawai'i is set for 5 p.m. PT.
• Senior Nano Oronoz and freshman Kristen Swales are both in tied for fifth in the Big West Conference in goals scored on the year. Oronoz has five goals on the year (three vs. SMC, one vs. Fresno State, one vs. UCR) and Swales has five (two vs. SMC on 8/19, at GCU on 9/16, at CSUN on 10/7 and vs. CP on 10/21).
• Atlanta Primus is tied for seventh in the league in assists with three on the year and in the top 10 in goals with four. She opened her scoring account against Fresno State (Sep. 2) and scored the game-winning goal at SJSU (Sep. 6) from the penalty spot.
• Kaya Hawkinson is also tied for seventh in assists as she has three as well. The freshman midfielder has been solid all year for the Titans and has been quite successful taking corner kicks as all three of her assists have been off corners. CSF is third in the league in corner kicks won per game at 5.24. Hawkinson has been a staple in the midfield, starting every game and logging the most minutes of any player on the squad.
• The Titans are fifth in the league in goals per game at 1.18.
CATCH ALL THE ACTION
Friday's match and Sunday's match will be available at BigWest.TV.
OPPONENT AND HISTORY
Oct. 25, 2018 vs. UC Irvine | Titan Stadium | 7:00 p.m. PT
The Anteaters are sitting atop the league table right now with a narrow advantage and the Titans would like to play spoiler on Thursday's rivalry match.
Claire Grouwinkel has scored six goals to lead the way for UC Irvine.
Fullerton won the most recent match between the two squads on Nov. 2, 2017 in the Big West Tournament at Northridge, Calif. The Titans lead the all-time series 14-10-4.
Oct. 28, 2018 at Hawai'i | Waipio Peninsula Soccer Stadium | 5:00 p.m. PT
The Titans and Mustangs matchup on Sunday afternoon with a live ESPN3 broadcast.
Sydney Knauer leads the team in points with six on the year as she has three goals.
The Titans have won the last seven matchups against Hawai'i, including the most recent on Oct. 26, 2017 by a score of 3-0 in Titan Stadium. In the all-time matchup, Fullerton leads 11-2.
SENIOR SPOTLIGHT - THE FEW, THE PROUD
After having nine seniors on the squad last year, all of which contributed to the 2017 Big West Tournament title, this year's squad has just four seniors.
• A jack-of-all-trades for the Titans and preseason All-Big West honoree Nano Oronoz has played 74 matches for the Titans and started 52 of them. She bagged a hat trick against St. Mary's on Aug. 19, becoming the first Titan to achieve that feat since 2015. She also scored the game-winning goal against Fresno State (Sep. 2) and supplied an assist. Oronoz scored against UCR (Sep. 30) and now has eight goals and six assists for her career.
• Defender Amanda Larsson has taken the field 61 times for Fullerton, including 38 career starts. On the season, she has logged 1,275 minutes of 1,576 total minutes.
• Midfielder Alba Barrios has played 51 career games in a Titan uniform, including 14 last year with 11 starts. She has scored two goals for her career, both coming as a freshman. She is still recovering from an injury and is redshirting the season.
• Midfielder Jessica Simonian is redshirting the 2018 season due to injury so she will be back for the 2019 season. She has started 54 games in her time at Fullerton with 43 starts. She has tallied two goals and seven assists over the last three years.
WELCOME TO ATLANTA
Junior forward Atlanta Primus, a London, England native, is tied for fourth in the conference in assists after she dished out two against St. Mary's (Aug. 19) and one on against Fresno State (Sep. 2). Primus' three assists have all been to Nano Oronoz and Oronoz returned the favor for Primus as she also scored her first goal against Fresno State (Sep. 2). Primus also scored the game-winning goal at San Jose State (Sep. 6) from the penalty spot. She has scored 10 goals and dished out now 11 assists in her career. She is three assists away from being tied for 10th all-time in career assists. The preseason All-Big West honoree led the 2017 team with 20 points (six goals, eight assists).
INSTANT IMPACT LINDAHL
Sophomore Delaney Dombek Lindhal, a Southern California native that attended Mission Viejo High School, spent her first year of college at Iowa. But she transferred to Fullerton over the summer and has been a stalwart in Demian Brown's lineup as she has played in all 17 matches and started 16 of them. Thus far she has played the third-most minutes of all field players at 1,384 of 1,576 total minutes. Lindahl recorded an assist for the Titans against San Jose State (Sep. 6).
COACH HITS TRIPLE DIGITS
With the win against CSUN on Oct. 1, 2017, head coach Demian Brown notched his 100th-career win. Over his 11 years as head coach, Brown has steered the Titans to four Big West regular season championships (2007, 2012, 2014, 2015) and five Big West Tournament championships (2007, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017) representing the league as the Big West's automatic qualifier at the NCAA Tournament for four of the last six years (2013, 2014, 2015, 2017) in addition to the Titans' postseason trip in 2007.
NEXT IN LINE
The 2017 Titans featured seniors such as Samantha Koemans (five goals, five assists) Kaycee Hoover (five goals, two assists), Tala Haddad (three goals, three assists), Maribell Morales (three goals, one assist), Connie Caliz (two goals, one assist), all of which played at least 20 of the 22 games for the Titans and over 1,000 minutes. The 2018 squad will have to step into new roles and replace their productivity but Brown feels the team is capable and excited for the challenge.
SUPPORT THE TITANS!
Fans can purchase tickets for various Cal State Fullerton athletic events by visiting FullertonTitans.com/Tickets. The Athletic Ticket Office can also be contacted by phone at 657-278-2783 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Ticket Office is located at the Titan House off of Gymnasium Drive at the eastern end of the Intramural Fields and is open from 10 am – 4 pm PT, Monday – Friday.
FOLLOW THE TITANS!
Fans can keep up with the latest in Titan Athletics by following us on Facebook (Facebook/FullertonTitans), Twitter (@FullertonTitans) Instagram (@FullertonTitans) and Snapchat (FullertonTitans). In addition, the women's soccer team has established its own Facebook (Facebook/Cal-State-Fullerton-Womens-Soccer), Twitter (@FullertonWSOC) and Instagram accounts (@FullertonWSOC).