FULLERTON, Calif. - The Titans look to wrap up their final road trip of the regular season, as they head to Northridge to take on CSUN, Friday at 4 pm PT before then going to Long Beach to play Long Beach State, Saturday at 7 pm PT inside the Pyramid.
The Titans suffered a winless week last week, as they dropped a couple of matches at UC Davis and UC Irvine.
Tickets for all Titans home games can be purchased online at FullertonTitans.com, or at the Cal State Fullerton Athletics Ticket Office, located in the Titan House on campus off of Gymnasium Drive on the northeast side of Titan Gym. Game day sales and will call tickets will open one hour prior to the scheduled time at the specific venue. All Cal State Fullerton students with a school ID get free admission.
FOLLOW THE TITANS!
Fans can keep up with the latest in Titan Athletics by following us on Facebook (Facebook/FullertonTitans), Twitter (@FullertonTitans) Instagram (FullertonTitans) and Snapchat (FullertonTitans). In addition, the volleyball team has established its own Twitter (@FullertonVB) and Instagram accounts (Titans_VB).
CATCH THE TITANS
Cal State Fullerton home volleyball matches will be broadcast live over the internet at FullertonTitans.com. The Titans also offer live streaming video for home volleyball matches courtesy of Big West TV. Fans can catch all the exclusive action from the comfort of their home computers. To access the links, click on the audio or live video links on the schedule page.
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 9 AT CSUN || 4:00 PM
Cal State Fullerton at CSUN
Series Record: CSUN leads 34-11
Home Record: 8-15
Away Record: 3-18
Neutral Record: 0-1
Overall Conference Record: 7-27
Big West Record: 7-27
Current Streak: Lost 13
First Meeting: 11/16/80 at CSUN, L, 3-0
Last Meeting: 09/19/17 vs. CSUN, L, 3-1
• The Matadors enter league play with a 10-14 overall record and a 4-8 Big West record for sixth place in the league. CSUN ranks fourth in the Big West with 498 errors, second in services aces (151), second in services aces per set (1.57).
• Aeryn Owens leads the Big West in kills with 412. She also ranks third in kills per set with 4.53. R Diaz owns the fourth best hitting percentage in the league (.360), while Kristey Markle ranks third in services aces per set (0.38) and Lauren Conati ranks fifth in assists per set with 9.74.
• CSUN was picked to finish seventh in the Big West preseason poll.
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 11 VS. LONG BEACH STATE || 7:00 PM
Cal State Fullerton vs. Long Beach State
Series Record: Long Beach State leads 5-71
Home Record: 4-35
Away Record: 1-36
Neutral Record: N/A
Overall Conference Record: 5-70
WCAA Record: 4-6
PCAA Record: 0-6
Big West Record: 1-58
Current Streak: Lost 10
First Meeting: 10/10/80 at LBSU, L, 3-0
Last Meeting: 10/17/17 vs. LBSU, L, 3-0
LONG BEACH STATE NOTES
• The 49ers enter the match with a 7-19 overall record and 4-9 league mark, while they currently sit in seventh place in the Big West. LBSU ranks third in the league in total attacks (3,346), fourth in solo blocks (41), second block assists (351), second in total blocks (236) and second in blocks per set (2.27).
• Hailey Harward ranks fifth in the Big West in digs (364), while Kjersti Norveel ranks second in blocks per set with 1.51
• Cal State Fullerton already has five wins this season after securing just six last year after going winless in 2015.
• In their wins, the Titans haven't messed around, as three of their five victories have been three set sweeps, with the other two going just four sets.
• Fullerton has battled all season long, but have gotten unlucky when it comes to rallies. The Titans are 0-5 in five-set matches so far, while they've dropped the first two sets and have rallied to win the third and fourth set in three of those contests.
• Madeline Schneider leads the team 14 double-digit kill performances with a team best 296 kills and 3.29 kills per set. She ranks second on the team with seven double-doubles.
Freshman libero Savahna Costello has done it all defensively for the Titans this year. She leads the squad in service aces (23), total digs (308) and digs per set (3.58). Her digs rank ninth in the league. She was named to All-Tournament Teams in back-to-back weekends. She was awarded Towson Tiger Invitational honors, eventually leading to Big West Freshman of the Week honors on Sept. 11. She was also named to the Indiana State All-Tournament Team.
AN OFFENSIVE THREAT
Madeline Schneider's 296 total kills rank ninth in the Big West, while her 3.28 kills per set is ninth best in the league.
The Titans earned a 3-1 win over UC Riverside on Oct. 28th for their first Big West win of the season. It's the second straight year that a win over the Highlanders has marked the Titans first conference win.
CAREER NIGHT FOR SCHNEIDER…AGAIN
Just a week after setting a new career high for kills in a match, she did it again, this time vs. conference foe UC Davis on Oct. 14. She recorded 26 kills on a .371 attack percentage to go along with 12 digs. It marked her seventh double-double of the season.
Despite a 3-1 defeat at the hands of CSU Bakersfield on Oct. 3, Madeline Schneider stole the show, recording a new career-high 25 kills in the match on a .368 hitting percentage. She also produced 12 digs, marking her sixth double-double of the season.
Cal State Fullerton has just two home matches remaining in the regular season, Nov. 17th vs. UC Santa Barbara and Nov. 18th vs. Cal Poly. Four of the Titans' final six contests will be on the road.
The wins may not always be there, but the Titans refuse to give up. Fullerton owns an 14-20 record in sets three and four as opposed to a 16-39 mark in all other sets.
HAPPY TO HELP
Nastassja Bowman leads all Titans with 652 assists and 7.67 assists per set. She also leads the squad in double-doubles with nine. Her 7.67 assists per set rank eighth in the league.