UC Davis (8-6, 0-1) at Cal State Fullerton (7-6, 0-1)
Titan Gym| Fullerton, Calif.
Friday, Oct. 4 - 7 p.m. PT
Series Record: Cal State Fullerton leads 12-5
First Meeting: Oct. 29, 2004 vs. UC Davis (30-25, 30-19, 30-20)
Cal State Northridge (11-3, 1-0) at Cal State Fullerton (7-6, 0-1)
Titan Gym| Fullerton, Calif.
Saturday, Oct. 5 - 6 p.m. PT
Series Record: Cal State Northridge leads 25-11
First Meeting: Nov. 16, 1980 at Cal State Northridge (1-15, 12-15, 9-15)
Current Streak: Lost 4 | Last 10 Meetings: 5-5
THE WEEK AHEAD
Cal State Fullerton continues Big West Conference play at Titan Gym on Friday hosting UC Davis at 7 p.m.. The Titans will play back-to-back matches, hosting Cal State Northridge on Saturday at 6 p.m.
FOLLOW THE TITANS
Fans can keep up with the latest in Titans athletics by following us on Facebook (CSUF.Athletics), Twitter (@FullertonTitans) and YouTube.com (YouTube.com/csfathletics). In addition, the volleyball team has established its own official Twitter page (@FullertonVB).
CATCH ALL THE ACTION
Television - None
Streaming Video - Streaming video for both matches this weekend will be available at BigWestTV.org.
Audio Webcast - Audio webcasts for both matches this weekend will be available at www.FullertonTitans.com.
Live Stats - Live in-game stats for both matches this weekend will be available at www.FullertonTitans.com
It's autograph night at Titan Gym on Saturday. Following the match against the Cal State Northridge Matadors, the 2013 Titans will be available for autographs.
Tickets can be purchased online at www.FullertonTitans.com, or at the Cal State Fullerton Athletics Ticket Office, which is located in the Titan House on campus off of Gymnasium Drive on the northeast side of Titan Gym. Game day sales and will call tickets will open an hour prior to the scheduled time at the specific venue.
AN INSIDE LOOK AT THE WEEK AHEAD
• UC Davis (8-6, 0-1) enters the weekend on a one-match losing streak after falling in five sets at Cal State Northridge last weekend. Prior to that loss, the Aggies were on three-match winning streak, which included a 3-1 win vs. California.
• The Aggies have played two similar opponents to the Titans, sweeping Nevada and Portland. Fullerton also swept Nevada and Portland.
• Kaylin Squires leads UC Davis averaging 3.31 kills per set.
• The last time that the Aggies defeated Cal State Fullerton at Titan Gym was Oct. 26, 2012. The Titans won the first set, before dropping three straight.
• Cal State Northridge (11-3, 1-0) has won five of its last six matches, and is currently receiving votes in the American Volleyball Coaches Association top-25 poll.
• The Matadors opened Big West Conference play with a five-set come-from-behind victory over UC Davis last Saturday.
• All three of Northridge's losses have been against ranked teams: then No. 24 Creighton (Sept. 13), then No. 11 UCLA (Sept. 13) and then No. 3 Washington (Sept. 20).
• Four Matadors average at least 2.0 kills per set: Natalie Allen (3.05), Mahina Haina (2.83), Cieana Stinson (2.82) and Casey Hinger (2.60).
RECAPPING LAST WEEK
• No. 6 Hawai'i opened defense of its 2012 Big West Conference volleyball championship in unparalleled style, sweeping Cal State Fullerton (25-22, 25-5, 25-20) in front of 7,390 fans at the Stan Sheriff Center in Honolulu on Friday night.
The Rainbow Wahine hit at a rate of .243, while holding Cal State Fullerton (7-6, 0-1 Big West) to a season-low .018 as the Titans committed 21 attack errors.
• Hawai'i closed the third and final set on a 6-1 run, and had a 2-0 lead at the break after rallying for 21 consecutive points in a 25-5 second-set victory. Fullerton's five points marked the lowest point total for CSF since rally scoring began (2001-present), and also marked the lowest total UH has held an opponent to in the rally-scoring era.
• The Titans have been swept four times in 2013, and twice against ranked opponents (No. 5 USC & No. 6 Hawai'i)
• Cal State Fullerton dropped its Big West opener for the second straight season.
• Cal State Fullerton is holding opponents to an attacking percentage of .158 which leads the Big West Conference.
• The Titans' average of 17.11 digs per set also leads the Big West, and rates 11th in the country.
• Holland Crenshaw's .325 attacking percentage ranks ninth in the Big West.
• Julie Consani's average of 10.78 assists per set ranks third in the Big West Conference and 47th in the country.
• McKenna Painton's rate of 0.34 aces per set ranks fourth in the Big West, and her 4.37 digs per set top the league.
• Julie Consani's 1,443 career assists rank eighth all-time in Cal State Fullerton history.
Senior transfer Alyse Hensley followed up an all-tournament performance at the UNLV Invitational with an MVP effort at the Fullerton Classic. Hensley was named MVP of the tournament after averaging 3.14 kills per set and attacking at a rate of .337. She added a team-leading eight service aces along with 34 digs and nine blocks while totaling back-to-back double-doubles last Saturday.
McKenna Painton was also named to the Fullerton Classic all-tournament team after averaging 4.31 digs per set and adding five aces.
Bre Moreland was named to the Lone Star Showdown all-tournament team after averaging 3.22 kills and 4.78 digs per set. In addition Paige Reed was named to the Lone Star Showdown all-tournament team after averaging 4.67 digs per set.
2013 BIG WEST PRESEASON POLL
For the second straight year, the University of Hawai'i has been selected as the Big West Conference's top pick in the women's volleyball preseason poll, as selected by the nine league coaches. The Rainbow Wahine were a unanimous favorite, collecting all nine first-place votes en route to an 81-point total. Cal State Fullerton finished in seventh place with 35 points.
Entering her 12th season at Cal State Fullerton, Carolyn Zimmerman possesses an all-time record of 169-175 (.491). The sixth head coach in Fullerton's 37-year history, Zimmerman is the winningst (.491) head coach in CSF volleyball program history.