April 27, 2012
INDIAN WELLS, CA - After a thrilling win on Thursday over UC Riverside, the Cal State Fullerton women's tennis team's run in the 2012 Big West Conference Tournament came to an end Friday morning as the Titans fell to top-seeded Long Beach State, 4-0, at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden.
Fullerton ends its 2011-12 season with an 8-13 overall record -- the most victories since the Titans finished 13-11 following the 2003-04 season. The 49ers improved to 16-5 overall and will meet either No. 4 Cal Poly or No. 5 UC Santa Barbara on Saturday (April 28) at 8 a.m.
A pair of quick doubles victories got Long Beach State out to the early lead before claiming three of the six singles matches in straight sets to end the match.
NCAA WOMEN'S TENNIS
2012 Big West Conference Women's Tennis Tournament
Cal State Fullerton (0) vs. Long Beach State (4)
April 27, 2012 | Indian Wells Tennis Garden | Indian Wells, Calif.
1. Bernard/Manasse (LBSU) vs. Mai/McIntosh (CSF), DNF
2. Dallara/Malenovska (LBSU) def. Rodriguez/Slevcove (CSF), 8-1
3. Cantlay/Luzar (LBSU) def. dela Cruz/Tomaiko (CSF), 8-0
Order of Finish: 3, 2
1. Anais Dallara (LBSU) def. Tiffany Mai (CSF), 6-2, 6-1
2. Rachel Manasse (LBSU) def. Morgan McIntosh (CSF), 6-0, 6-0
3. Laura Bernard (LBSU) vs. Monica Rodriguez (CSF), DNF
4. Sarah Cantlay (LBSU) vs. Malorie dela Cruz (CSF), DNF
5. Klaudia Malenovska (LBSU) def. Kalika Slevcove (CSF), 6-1, 6-0
6. Karolina Rozenberg (LBSU) vs. Jessica Pepa (CSF), DNF
Order of Finish: 2, 5, 1