April 15, 2010
Los Angeles, Calif. - Loyola Marymount won four of the five singles matches contested Tuesday on the way to an abbreviated 4-1 non-conference women's tennis victory over visiting Cal State Fullerton.
The Titans got their lone win at No. 3 singles where Malorie de la Cruz defeated Estelle LaPorte, 6-2, 6-4. The No. 1 team of Tiffany Mai and Monica Rodriguez picked up a win in an incomplete doubles competition.
Fullerton (1-14, 0-7) visits Cal State Bakersfield on Thursday.
1. Jasmin Heckel (LMU) def. Tiffany Mal (CSF) 6-4, 7-5
2. Melissa Valenzuela (LMU) def. Monica Rodriquez (CSF) 6-2, 6-4
3. Malorie dela Cruz (CSF) def. Estelle LaPorte (LMU) 6-2, 6-4
4. Shuana Morgan (LMU) def. Jerusha Cruz (CSF) 6-2, 2-6, 10-6
5. Elisaveta Pironkova (LMU) def. Karina Akhmedova (CSF) 6-0, 6-3
1. Tiffany Mal/Monica Rodriquez (CSF) def. Jasmin Heckel/Elisaveta Pironkova (LMU) 8-4
2. Bliss Nixon/Shuana Morgan (LMU) def. Karina Akhmedova/Malorie Dela Cruz (CSF) 8-5