April 12, 2012
LONG BEACH, CA - Host Long Beach State swept doubles and won all six singles matches in straight sets Thursday afternoon, leading the No. 54 49ers to a 7-0 shutout of visiting Cal State Fullerton.
Long Beach State (14-5, 8-0) surrendered just a single game in doubles play, winning by 8-0 shutouts at the Nos. 1 and 2 positions while taking the No. 3 match by an 8-1 score.
Singles play didn't go much better for the Titans (6-9, 0-4) as the 49ers won via 6-0, 6-0, shutouts at the Nos. 5 and 6 spots before Anais Dallara clinched the match with a 6-3, 6-2, victory at the top spot.
Cal State Fullerton returns to the court on Saturday (April 14) at 12 p.m. as the Titsns host UC Santa Barbara in their final home match of the season at the Titan Tennis Courts.
NCAA WOMEN'S TENNIS
Cal State Fullerton (0) at \#54 Long Beach State (7)
April 12, 2012... Long Beach, Calif.
1. \#68 Rachel Manassee/Laura Bernard (LBSU) def. Tiffany Mai/Morgan McIntosh (CSF), 8-0
2. Anais Dallara/Klaudia Malenovska (LBSU) def. Kalika Slevcove/Monica Rodriguez (CSF), 8-0
3. Sarah Cantlay/Julie Luzar (LBSU) def. Malorie dela Cruz/Avriel Tomaiko (CSF), 8-1
1. Anais Dallara (LBSU) def. Tiffany Mai (CSF), 6-3, 6-2
2. Rachel Manasse (LBSU) def. Morgan McIntosh (CSF), 6-1, 6-2
3. Laura Bernard (LBSU) def. Monica Rodriguez (CSF), 7-5, 6-1
4. Sarah Cantlay (LBSU) def. Malorie dela Cruz (CSF), 6-2, 6-4
5. Klaudia Malenovska (LBSU) def. Kalika Slevcove (CSF), 6-0, 6-0
6. Karolina Rozenberg (LBSU) def. Jessica Pepa (CSF), 6-0, 6-0