March 9, 2012
LOS ANGELES, CA - The Cal State Fullerton women's tennis team's quest to win three-straight matches for the first time in 2012 ended Friday in Los Angeles as host Loyola Marymount swept its way to a 7-0 non-conference victory.
The loss evened the Titans' record at 5-5 overall on the season while the Lions improved to 3-8 overall.
A pair of 8-4 victories at the top two doubles spots and an 8-1 win at the No. 3 position gave LMU the early lead in the match before the Lions went on to win five of the six singles contests in straight sets. Only junior Tiffany Mai was able to extend her match at the No. 1 position before falling to April Bisharat in a tiebreak, 6-4, 5-7 (7-3).
Fullerton returns to Big West Conference play on Tuesday (March 13) as the Titans host UC Irvine at 2 p.m. to kick-off a four-match homestand at the Titan Tennis Courts
NCAA WOMEN'S TENNIS
Cal State Fullerton (0) at Loyola Marymount (7)
March 9, 2012 | Los Angeles, Calif.
1. Elisaveta Pironkova/Reka Rohonyi (LMU) def. Tiffany Mai/Morgan McIntosh (CSF) 8-4
2. Ashley Anderson/Tory Parravi (LMU) def. Kalika Slevcove/Monica Rodriguez (CSF) 8-4
3. Claudia Razzeto/April Bisharat (LMU) def. Jessica Pepa/Avriel Tomaiko (CSF) 8-1
1. April Bisharat (LMU) def. Tiffany Mai (CSF) 6-4, 5-7, 7-3
2. Claudia Razzeto (LMU) def. Morgan McIntosh (CSF) 6-0, 6-4
3. Tory Parravi (LMU) def. Monica Rodriguez (CSF) 6-1, 6-1
4. Ashley Anderson (LMU) def. Kalika Slevcove (CSF) 6-3, 6-1
5. Reka Rohonyi (LMU) def. Malorie dela Cruz (CSF) 6-1, 6-2
6. Elisaveta Pironkova (LMU) def. Avriel Tomaiko (CSF) 6-1, 6-1