March 5, 2009
FULLERTON, Calif. - The Cal State Fullerton women's tennis team had trouble with a talented Loyola Marymount squad. The Titans (2-8, 0-2) played a couple of tight doubles matches but lost the match 7-0 against the Lions (1-6), Thursday on Titan Courts.
The No. 3 doubles team of Brandy Andrews and Jerusha Cruz kept things close in their match with Tina Razloznik and Shauna Morgan but couldn't get the points they needed in the end, ultimately losing by an 8-5 score.
The Lions won the No. 2 match by an 8-1 score, then went on to sweep the singles matches in straight sets.
The Titans came close to claiming a set when Inglis in the No. 6 position lost to Estelle La Porte 7-6, 6-4.
Then Titans play again when they host Portland on Sunday, March 8, on Titan Courts at 11 a.m.
NCAA WOMEN'S TENNIS
Cal State Fullerton 0, Loyoloa Marymount 7
1. Tina Razloznik (LMU) def. Leslie Bullock (CSF), 6-2, 6-2
2. Jasmin Heckel (LMU) def. Shelly Injejikian (CSF), 6-0, 6-0
3. Jane Pringle (LMU) def. Karina Akhmedova (CSF), 6-2, 6-2
4. Elisaveta Pironkova (LMU) def. Jerusha Cruz (CSF), 6-1, 6-3
5. Shauna Morgan (LMU) def. Brandy Andrews (CSF), 6-2. 6-2
6. Estelle La Porte (LMU) def. Cheyenne Inglis (CSF), 7-6, 6-4
1. Bliss Nixon/Pringle (LMU) def. Inglis/Injejikian (CSF), 8-6
2. Heckel/Pironkova (LMU) def. Akhmedova/Bullock (CSF), 8-1
3. Razloznik/Morgan (LMU) def. Andrews/Cruz (CSF), 8-5