March 2, 2006
FULLERTON, CA - Cal State Fullerton senior Ruya Inalpulat won her third straight singles decision and teamed with Gina Le to win at No. 1 doubles to help lift the Titans to a 5-2 victory over UC San Diego on Wednesday afternoon at the Titan Tennis Courts.
Fullerton claimed victories at No. 1 and No. 3 doubles to take an early 1-0 lead in the overall match. Inalpulat and Le didn't lose a game in the top position, defeating UCSD's duo of Marsha Maliniow and Ina Dan, 8-0. The team of Chip Dunbar and Cheyenne Inglis clinched the doubles point for the Titans with an 8-1 win at the No. 3 spot.
The Titans then took four of the six singles matches to clinch the victory.
Inalpulat defeated Malinow in straight sets, 6-1, 6-4, to up her winning streak to three and post her sixth victory in her last eight matches. Le lost only one game in a win over Katie McKee at No. 2 singles, 6-1, 6-0, while Mai-Ly Tran also won in straight sets, 6-3, 6-1.
NCAA WOMEN'S TENNIS
March 1, 2006 at Fullerton, CA
1. Inalpulat/Le (CSF) def. Dan/Malinow (UCSD), 8-0
2. Bronowicki/McKee (UCSD) def. Injejikian/Tran (CSF), 9-8
3. Dunbar/Inglis (CSF) def. Brown/Hilker (UCSD), 8-1
1. Ruya Inalpulat (CSF) def. Marsha Malinow (UCSD), 6-1, 6-4
2. Gina Le (CSF) def. Katie McKee (UCSD), 6-1, 6-0
3. Mai-Ly Tran (CSF) def. Ina Dan (UCSD), 6-3, 6-1
4. Marissa Hilker (UCSD) def. Cheyenne Inglis (CSF), 6-0, 7-5
5. Molly Sullens (UCSD) def. Shelly Injejikian (CSF), 6-4, 6-2
6. Chip Dunbar (CSF) def. Liz Brown (UCSD), 6-2, 3-6 (10-8)