Feb. 27, 2008
FULLERTON, CA - Cal State Fullerton freshman Erin Wiesener toughed out a difficult three-set victory at No. 2 singles, but visiting Eastern Michigan emerged with the 6-1 team win on Tuesday afternoon at the Titan Courts.
Wiesener defeated EMU's Aditi Krishnan, 6-1, 1-6, 6-4, to claim the Titans' lone point. Brandy Andrews and Cheyenne Inglis also claimed victory in their doubles match, defeating Krishnan and Joanna Woo, 8-6, at the No. 3 spot for the other Fullerton win on the day.
Cal State Fullerton returns to action on Wednesday (March 5) as the Titans host Cal State Bakersfield at 2 p.m.
NCAA WOMEN'S TENNIS
Eastern Michigan (6) at Cal State Fullerton (1)
1. Vanessa Frankowski (EMU) def. Shelly Injejikian (CSF), 6-2, 6-1
2. Erin Wiesener (CSF) def. Aditi Krishnan (EMU), 6-1, 1-6, 6-4
3. Sandra Wikstrom (EMU) def. Karina Akhmedova (CSF), 3-6, 6-1, 6-1
4. Catharina Bestehorn (EMU) def. Jerusha Cruz (CSF), 6-1, 6-0
5. Aleksandra Stankovic (EMU) def. Cheyenne Inglis (CSF), 6-3, 6-3
6. Joanna Woo (EMU) def. Brandy Andrews (CSF), 7-6, 6-2
1. Bestehorn/Frankowski (EMU) def. Akhmedova/Injejikian (CSF), 8-3
2. Stankovic/Wikstrom (EMU) def. Cruz/Wiesener (CSF), 8-4
3. Andrews/Inglis (CSF) def. Krishnan/Woo (EMU), 8-6