Feb. 14, 2006
FULLERTON, CA - Cal State Fullerton senior Ruya Inalpulat and junior Gina Le each posted singles victories, but it wasn't enough as visiting UC Irvine won the doubles point and the remaining four singles matches to hand the Titans a 5-2 defeat on Tuesday afternoon at the Titan Courts.
Fullerton fell to 1-7 overall, 0-5 in the Big West Conference. The Anteaters improved to 2-3 overall, 1-0 in league play.
Inalpulat posted a straight-set, 6-2, 6-4, win over UCI's Becky Bernhard at No. 1 singles while Le also won in straight sets, 7-5, 6-3, over Inna Agababian at No. 2 singles.
The duo also teamed up for a win at No. 1 doubles, leading Jayme Hu and Claire Fermin, 7-6, before the UCI pair retired.
Fullerton returns to action Thursday (Feb. 16) as the Titans travel to Loyola Marymount for a 1:30 p.m. match up.
NCAA WOMEN'S TENNIS
Feb. 14, 2006 at Fullerton, Calif.
1. Ruya Inalpulat (CSF) def. Becky Bernhard (UCI), 6-2, 6-4
2. Gina Le (CSF) def. Inna Agababian (UCI), 7-5, 6-3
3. Ashley Siddall (UCI) def. Mai-Ly Tran (CSF), 4-6, 6-4 (10-8)
4. Ali Borowicz (UCI) def. Cheyenne Inglis (CSF), 6-1, 6-1
5. Jessica Broadfoot (UCI) def. Shelly Injejikian (CSF), 6-1, 6-0
6. Heidi Kaloi (UCI) def. Chip Dunbar (CSF), 6-1, 6-2
1. Inalpulat/Le (CSF) def. Fermin/Hu (UCI), 7-6, ret.
2. Agababian/Kaloi (UCI) def. Injejikian/Tran (CSF), 8-5
3. Bernhard/Siddall (UCI) def. Dunbar/Inglis (CSF), 8-2