Women's Tennis Falls to UC Santa Barbara, 6-1
Feb. 8, 2008
FULLERTON, CA - Sophomore Brandy Andrews posted a straight-set victory over UC Santa Barbara's Brittany Kausen at No. 6 singles, but the Gauchos emerged with a 6-1 victory over the host Titans in a Big West Conference match on Feb. 8.
The loss was the sixth straight for the Titans, who fell to 1-6 overall, while UCSB improved to 1-1 overall this season.
Andrews breezed through the opening set, winning 6-1, before fighting off Kausen in the second set to claim a 7-6 win.
The Gauchos took the early lead in the match, sweeping all three doubles matches for the 1-0 advantage. UCSB then took the remaining five singles matches in straight sets.
NCAA WOMEN'S TENNIS
UC Santa Barbara 6, Cal State Fullerton 1
1. Marta Simic (UCSB) def. Shelly Injejikian (CSF), 6-3, 6-0
2. Charlotte Scatliffe (UCSB) def. Erin Wiesener (CSF), 6-0, 6-0
3. Jill Damion (UCSB) def. Jerusha Cruz (CSF), 6-4, 6-2
4. Asogi Onaga (UCSB) def. Karina Akhmedova (CSF), 6-2, 6-2
5. Tova Hausman (UCSB) def. Cheyenne Inglis (CSF) 6-1, 6-3
6. Brandy Andrews (CSF) def. Brittany Kausen (UCSB), 6-1, 7-6
1. Scatliffe/Simic (UCSB) def. Akhmedova/Injejikian (CSF), 8-1
2. Damion/Onaga (UCSB) def. Cruz/Wiesener (CSF), 8-4
3. Hausman/Kausen (UCSB) def. Andrews/Inglis (CSF), 8-1