No. 28 Long Beach State Sweeps Women's Tennis, 7-0
Feb. 2, 2007
FULLERTON, CA - The Cal State Fullerton women's tennis team was unable to break through against nationally-ranked Long Beach State on Friday afternoon as the No. 28 49ers swept all nine matches from the host Titans in a 7-0 victory at the Titan Tennis Courts.
Long Beach State took the early 1-0 lead by sweeping double play with the Titans' closest challenge to the 49ers' sweep coming at No. 3 doubles where Jerusha Cruz and Katrina Domela narrowly fell to the duo of Sandra Rocha and Emmanuelle Tabatruong, 9-8.
Visiting Long Beach State then went on to sweep all six singles matches in straight sets.
Cal State Fullerton returns to action on Thursday (Feb. 8) at 2 p.m. as they host Loyola Marymount.
\#28 Long Beach State 7, Cal State Fullerton 0
Doubles (must win 2 of 3 matches for one team point)
1. \#48 Hannah Grady/Jessica Weeks (LB) def. Gina Le/Mai-Ly Tran (CSF), 8-3
2. Stephanie Bengson/Katy Williams (LB) def. Brandy Andrews/Shelly Injejikian (CSF), 8-4
3. Sandra Rocha/Emmanuelle Tabatruong (LB) def. Jerusha Cruz/Katrina Domela (CSF), 9-8
1. Grady (LB) def. Le (CSF), 7-5, 6-1
2. Williams (LB) def. Domela (CSF), 6-3, 6-2
3. Bengson (LB) def. Tran (CSF), 6-3, 6-1
4. Weeks (LB) def. Injejikian (CSF), 6-1, 6-2
5. Tabatruong (LB) def. Andrews (CSF), 6-2, 6-2
6. Rocha (LB) def. Cruz (CSF), 6-2, 6-1