Jan. 28, 2006
FULLERTON, CA -
Cal State Fullerton freshman Shaghig Injejikian claimed the Titans lone point with a straight-set victory at No. 5 singles as Fullerton fell in its Big West Conference women's tennis opener, 6-1, against Cal Poly on Saturday afternoon at the Titan Courts.
The Titans' freshman swept Amanda Varela, 6-4, 6-2, but the balance of the Fullerton team could not come through with another win. Cal Poly swept all three doubles matches and won all five remaining singles matches in straight sets.
Fullerton, now 1-2 overall on the season, hits the road for its next match on Sunday afternoon (Jan. 29) at 3 p.m. at San Diego State.
NCAA WOMEN'S TENNIS
Cal Poly 6, Cal State Fullerton 1
Jan. 28, 2006 at Fullerton, Calif.
1. Danon Beatty/Samantha Waller (CP) def. Ruya Inalpulat/Gina Le (CSF), 8-1
2. Carol Erickson/Amanda Varela (CP) def. Cheyenne Inglis/Mai-Ly Tran (CSF), 8-3
3. Sheila Lewis/Maria Malec (CP) def. Chip Dunbar/Shaghig Injejikian (CSF), 8-5
1. Waller (CP) def. Inalpulat (CSF), 6-1, 6-4
2. Beatty (CP) def. Le (CSF), 6-1, 6-1
3. Lewis (CP) def. Tran (CSF), 6-1, 6-3
4. Malec (CP) def. Inglis (CSF), 7-5, 6-1
5. Injejikian (CSF) def. Varela (CP), 6-4, 6-2
6. Shannon Brady (CP) def. Dunbar (CSF), 6-1, 6-0