FULLERTON, Calif. – Cal State Fullerton ended a busy week with a dominant 6-1 victory over Pacific on Sunday afternoon at the Titan Tennis Courts.
Fullerton improves to 10-10 in 2013, the most wins for the program since the 2004 team finished the year with a mark of 12-10. The Titans mark in Big West Conference play also improved to 3-4, the best record for the program since the league started round-robin play in 2006.
Pacific falls to 6-10 overall and 1-3 in Big West play.
Fullerton opened the match with a 1-0 edge after winning doubles matches at the No. 2 and No. 3 spots in the lineup, respectfully.
In singles play, five of Fullerton's six singles players were victorious led by junior Morgan McIntosh. After teaming with Kalika Slevcove for an 8-5 win in doubles play, McIntosh edged Iveta Masarova, 7-6, 6-3, at the top of the lineup. The team of McIntosh and Slevcove improved to 12-6 in the win, while McIntosh earned her 10th win in singles play.
At the No. 2 spot, Tiffany Mai defeated Hana Ritterova, 7-5, 7-6, picking up her sixth singles win of 2013.
Monica Rodriguez defeated Gergana Boncheva, 6-0, 6-2, at the No. 4 spot, followed by Megan Sandford's three-set, 5-7, 6-0, 6-4, win at No. 5 in the lineup. Sandford is now 10-6 on the year. At the bottom of the lineup, freshman Rebekkah Ermac edged Sheena Chaudhuri, 6-3, 6-2.
It was the team of Ermac and Sandford that won the second doubles match at the No. 3 spot.
The Titans return to action on Tuesday hosting DePaul at 2 p.m. at the Titan Tennis Courts.
1. Morgan McIntosh (CSF) def. Iveta Masarova (PAC), 7-6, 6-3
2. Tiffany Mai (CSF) def. Hana Ritterova (PAC), 7-5, 7-6
3. Christiana Ferrari (PAC) def. Kalika Slevcove (CSF), 6-2, 6-3
4. Monica Rodriguez (CSF) def. Gergana Boncheva (PAC), 6-0, 6-2
5. Megan Sandford (CSF) def. Regina Suarez (PAC), 5-7, 6-0, 6-4
6. Rebekkah Ermac (CSF) def. Sheena Chaudhuri (PAC), 6-3, 6-2
1. Masarova/Ritterova (PAC) def. Mai/Rodriguez (CSF), 8-3
2. McIntosh/Slevcove (CSF) def. Ferrari/Suarez (PAC), 8-5
3. Ermac/Sandford (CSF) def. Boncheva/Chaudhuri (PAC), 8-6