FULLERTON, Calif. – Cal State Fullerton women's basketball plays their second of three straight road games in conference play. They will play their second and final game against CSUN in the Matadome on Thursday at 7:00 p.m.
• Cal State Fullerton is coming off a 1-1 week where they defeated Long Beach 67-61 and dropping their game against UC Riverside 63-50.
• The win over Long Beach snapped a seven-game losing streak against the 49ers.
• Fullerton has already topped their conference win totals from the last two seasons with 12 Big West games remaining.
• The Titans have missed out on the Big West Conference Tournament the last two seasons.
OPPONENT AND HISTORY
7 p.m. PT | Thursday, Jan. 18 | The Matadome
• 56th matchup against the Matadors
• All-time record: 32-23
• All-time record on the road: 18-12
• CSF is on a 14-game losing streak dating back to 2011
• Last matchup: CSUN 70-68 in Titan Gym Jan. 6
• 8-9 (1-2 BWC) this season
• Coming off back-to-back losses against UCSB and Cal Poly
• Averaging 67.4 points per game and allowing 68.5 ppg.
• Shooting 40.2% from the field and 26.1% from beyond the arc.
• The Matadors rank first in the Big West in both rebounding and blocks.
• Rank second in field goal percentage against, rebounds allowed, and assists.
• Fluker ranks first in the conference in scoring (20.1 ppg), rebounding (11.1 rpg), and blocks (2.9 bpg). She also ranks second in field goal percentage (55.1%) and third in free throw percentage (82%).
• Boagni ranks seventh in scoring (13.6 ppg), fifth in rebounding (6.9 rpg), eighth in field goal percentage (48.5%), and second in blocks (1.9 bpg)
• Meghann Henderson ranks seventh in assists (3.4 apg) while putting up 5.3 ppg.
• 20-point games: Fluker (10), Boagni (3), Claudia Ramos (1)
• Double-doubles: Fluker (8, T-1st), Boagni (4), Tanabe (1)
• Fluker missed the first matchup of the season against the Titans due to injury.
• Boagni put up 36 points and 10 rebounds in the Jan. 6 matchup. The 36 points is tied for eighth most points allowed by Fullerton in a game.
• Hayley Tanabe put up 20 points and dished out four assists last time out against CSF.
• Serafina Maulepe has been ruled as inactive due to injury. She is CSUN's third highest scorer bringing in 11.7 ppg.
THE PAST IS THE PAST
Cal State Fullerton won their second conference game last week against Long Beach. That gives them two already this year, besting their BWC win totals for the past two seasons.
DEFENSE IS KEY
The Titans currently rank second in the Big West in fewest points allowed only allowing opponents 64.1 points per game. They have only given up 75+ points four times in thirteen games and have held their opponents to 60 points or less six different times.
BOX 'EM OUT
Fullerton currently ranks first in the Big West in rebounds allowed as opponents average just 34.9 rebounds per game. Overall, they have the second best rebounding margin in the conference at +1.2 boards per game.
THE HARADA ERA
Coach Jeff Harada and the squad have already accumulated seven wins with 12 games remaining. It's the most wins in a season since 2014-15 when the Titans won 13 games.
HANNAH FOR THREE
Junior Hannah Thompson tops the conference in three-pointers with 43 made three's and averaging 2.5 thee's per game. She currently ranks eighth in three-point percentage, shooting 41% from beyond the arc.
THE ROAD TO 1,000
Junior Jade Vega put up 13 points against UC Riverside on Saturday. It gave her 206 points for the season and put her past another milestone for the season. She currently sits at 702 points for her career.
Freshman Triann Thompson started the season coming off the bench, but has now become a crucial piece in the starting lineup. She's currently averaging 8.2 ppg and has scored double-figures in four of the last five games.
Freshman Carolyn Gill has also earned a spot in Harada's starting lineup and that is largely thanks to her defense. She currently ranks first on the team in steals and second on the team in blocks. Her 1.6 steals per game ranks tied for seventh in the conference.
Just as she did last season, junior Daeja Smith has been a dominant force for the Titans this this season.Her 11.6 ppg is third on the team, 9.2 rpg leads the team, 47.7% field goal percentage ranks second, 1.6 blocks per game is first, and 30.5 minutes per game is second most. She also has eight double-doubles for the season, tied for the most in the Big West.
THE 600-500 CLUB
Junior Daeja Smith already joined an elite club when she reached 500 points and 400 rebounds for her career earlier this season. Now, she is just five rebounds shy of 500 career rebounds which will make her just the 19th player in program history to accumulate 600 points and 500 rebounds.
SUPPORT THE TITANS!
Fans can purchase tickets for various Cal State Fullerton athletic events by visiting FullertonTitans.com/Tickets. The Athletic Ticket Office can also be contacted by phone at 657-278-2783 or by email at email@example.com. The Ticket Office is located at the Titan House off of Gymnasium Drive at the eastern end of the Intramural Fields and is open from 10 am – 4 pm PT, Monday – Friday.
FOLLOW THE TITANS
Fans can keep up with the latest in Titans athletics by following us on Facebook (@FullertonTitans), Twitter (@FullertonTitans), and Instagram (@FullertonTitans) and Snapchat (FullertonTitans). In addition, the women's basketball team has established its own official Twitter page (@WBBTitans) and Facebook Page (@WBBTitans).